Date of Birth: 15th November, 1985
Place of Birth: Volos, Greece
Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering,
University of Thessaly,
Pedion Areos, Volos 38334, Greece
July 2008: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (5-year professional degree), Department of Civil Engineering, University of Thessaly, Greece.“Theory of plates with Gradient Elasticity,” Grade 8.0/10, Advisor: Prof. A. Giannakopoulos.
March 2011:Post-Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (equivalent to Μ.Sc.), Department of MechanicalEngineering,University of Thessaly, Greece. “Structural capacity of HSS tubular members under axial compression and combined loading- Comparison with current provisions”, Advisor: Associate Prof. S.A. Karamanos.
2011-present:PhD Candidate on “Structural Integrity of Steel Hydrocarbon Pipelines with Local Wall Distortions,” Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Thessaly, Greece. Advisor: Associate Prof. S.A. Karamanos.
Research interests: Computational Mechanics, Structural Stability, Analysis and Design of Shells, Finite Element, Inelastic Behavior of Materials and Structures.
Participation in research projects:
- HITUBES- Design and Integrity Assessment of High Strength Tubular Structures for Extreme Loading Conditions. contract number: RFSR-CT-2007-00035, duration: September 2009 – March 2012
- ATTEL-Performance-Based Approaches for High Strength Tubular Columns and Connections under Earthquake and Fire Loadings. RFSR-CT-2007-00037, duration: September 2009 – March 2012
- ULCF-Ultra low cycle fatigue of steel under cyclic high-strain loading conditions. contract number: RFSR-CT-2011-00029, duration: June 2011 – December 2014
Publications in Conferences
- George E. Varelis,Aglaia- Eugenia Pournara and Spyros A. Karamanos, “High-strength Steel Tubular Beam- Columns -Strength and Stability under Static and Cyclic Loading,” 6th European Conference on Steel and Composite Structures, Budapest, Hungary, September 2011.
- Aglaia-Eugenia Pournara and Spyros A. Karamanos, “Strength and Stability of High-Strength Steel Tubular Beam-Columns,” 7th National Conference of Steel Structures, Volos, Greece, September 2011
- Aglaia-Eugenia Pournara and Spyros A. Karamanos, “Mechanical Behavior of Steel Pipes with Local Wall Distortions Under Cyclic Loading,”Proceedings of the ASME 2012 Pressure Vessels & Piping Division Conference, PVP2012, July 15-19, 2012, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA
- Aglaia-Eugenia Pournara, Spyros A. Karamanos, Jan Ferino andAntonio Lucci, “Strength and stability of high-strength steel tubular beam-columns under compressive loading,”14th International Symposium on Tubular Structures, September 2012, London.